Ok, Ok, I might not be a fan of NBC’s Community (in fact, I never watched it before today.) But in a recent episode the character portrayed by Mr. Chevy Chase was featured falling asleep, bored out of his mind after apparently having read this blogger’s opera prima.

I mean… I am no Marcel Proust, but come on, Mr. Chase!… Why the mala onda? Couldn’t NBC pick on someone else? Or, as my mom used to say, ¡Póngase con uno de su tamaño!

[Anyhow, gracias, pinche Chevy Chase, for the anti-endorsement.]

This entry was posted in Education, Print media and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to This is What I Call “Product Dis-Placement”: Mr. Chevy Chase Does Not Seem to Like My Book

1. sandra says:

El problema es que sólo Spanish estaba en letras grandes… pasó de leer “talk dirty”.
    Oye, en serio, esto es genial.
    Será una de las escenas en tu “E True Hollywood story”, je je

2. respam says:

Hey congrats Laura!! there’s no such thing as bad publicity 🙂

3. shoutabyss says:

I agree. Congrats are in order!

And the paintball episode of Community? Genius!

4. Carla Raygoza says:

BRAVO!!!!!!! You should be very happy! Of all the books out there that are supposed to teach Spanish, they picked YOURS to showcase in the show!!! I am very proud. I have seen the show: they have a Spanish lesson and none of them are good in it- not even the teacher who is very funny: Señor Chang.
    FELICIDADES LAURITA.

5. Alejandro says:

Oye está increíble… lo que sí te digo es que debieron haber solicitado permiso para mostrar tu libro en la peli, una autorización de la autora o mínimo de la editorial. Demándalos por que además dañan la imagen de la obra… sácales un baro por pasados de lanza.
    He dicho.

6. I think he was not bored but rather sleepy from night’s sleep 🙂

7. MOGOLLAN says:

Ni esta dormido, ni estaba aburrido…. simplemente estaba concentrado aprendiendo how to talk dirty in spanish?…

Tu sabes, requiere de cierto nivel de concentración para decir exactamente lo que uno desea, de la forma que uno quiere y con la PRONUNCIACION adecuada…